• Design: Single Barb Koa Makau
• Material: Curly Koa Wood
• Lash: Traditional Hawaiian
• Cord: Hand Twisted Adjustable
• End Beads: Hand carved and soaked in kukui nut oil.
• Dimensions: Please view image of hook next to quarter.
• Water Resistant: Yes
• Gift Box Included With Purchase: Yes
• Shipping: FREE to USA, includes tracking number.
Single Barb Koa Makau
Koa in Hawai’ian means brave, bold, fearless, valiant, and courageous. The wood itself is endemic to the Hawaiian islands and is prized across the world for it’s luster and color variations. The featured single barb curly koa hook is custom made to order from prized curly koa wood found on the big island. The makau (fish hook pendant) is hand sanded and finished with a multi layer water resistant coat. Carved on the island of Oahu by Po’okela.
Custom orders can take up to two weeks to carve and ship out. Please call or email us if you would like this piece as a gift for someone and need the order expedited. (It’s possible to carve and ship out within 1-3 days depending on your order quantity.)
The makau (Hawaiian fish hook) in the picture is custom made to order.
*Cord is adjustable to fit over all head shapes and sizes.
33 in stock
All necklaces include a gift box and complimentary ground shipping with tracking to the USA.