- Design: Kuleana
- Material: Curly Koa Wood & Fossilized Mammoth Tusk
- Lash Style: Traditional Hawaiian
- Cord: Hand Twisted Adjustable
- End Beads: Hand Carved Koa Wood Beads
- Dimensions: Estimated 2.5″ Tall.
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Gift Box/Bag Included With Purchase: Yes
- Shipping: FREE to USA, includes tracking number.
- Additional charges may apply for international orders.
The Hawaiian word kuleana is a unique Hawaiian value and practice which is loosely translated to mean “responsibility.” The word kuleana refers to a reciprocal relationship between the person who is responsible, and the thing which they are responsible for. Relationships are a two way street.
For example, Hawaiians have a kuleana to our land: to care for it and to respect it, and in return, our land has the kuleana to feed, shelter, and clothe us, through this relationship we maintain balance within society and with our natural environment.